There are a variety of opportunities for members and friends of Calvary Lutheran Church to celebrate our life in Christ with each other. Some gatherings are noted below. Please check the Proclamation, Calvary’s Newsletter, for additional opportunities.
- 3rd-5th Graders — This is a “pre-youth group” of sorts. Learn more here!
- Youth Group (6th-9th grades) –Led by Megan Downey (Director of Youth Ministry), this program is always growing and always trying something new! Learn more here!
- Family Fun Group – For families with children ages birth to 5th grade. Learn more here!
- Calvary Seniors – This group is seniors who meet together on the second Tuesday of each month, 11 a.m. at AJ’s restaurant in Morganton (corner of Hwy 181 and Bost Road) for lunch and fellowship. All seniors are welcome.
- Old Man’s Breakfast – On the first Tuesday morning of the month men from the congregation meet for breakfast, fellowship and stories at Timberwood family Restaurant.
- Women of the ELCA (WELCA) – There are two opportunities to meet with other women of the church. The mission of the group is: To mobilize women to act boldly on their faith in Jesus Christ. There is a Morning Circle, which meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 10 am in Old Fellowship Hall. There is also an Evening Circle that meets the first Tuesday evening of each month at 7 pm at the home of a member. For more information on WELCA click here.
- Coffee Hour – Each Sunday morning between services in the New Fellowship Hall (located off the main parking lot)